Date: September 28, 2018
[in]SITES is a site-specific art series presented by Public Energy, Artspace, and the Art Gallery of Peterborough (AGP). The goal of
[in]SITES is to open up dialogues around the relationship between performance, site, and contemporary art practices.
[IN]SITES 2018 SERIES INCLUDES:
• 3 Performances • 2 Artist Talks •
• 3 Open Rehearsals • 3 Artist Workshops •
For more information please visit the presenting organization website for each event
ALL EVENTS ARE FREE & OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
[DIVERGENT DANCES PETERBOROUGH]
Divergent Dances Peterborough is an outdoor aerial performance at Peterborough Square created by Anandam Dance Theatre. Divergent Dances explores themes of listening, non-spectacle, and how bodies move in public space.
DATE: SEPT.28, 7PM & SEPT.29, 2PM
AT: Peterborough Square, Corner of George & Simcoe Street(Outdoors)
ARTISTS: Brandy Leary, Erin Ball, Opal Elchuck, Nicole Malbeuf, and Thomas Vacarro
LENGTH: 60min aprox.
PRESENTED BY: Anandam Dance Theatre, Artsweek Peterborough, Art Gallery of Peterborough, Public Energy Performing Arts
[OFF THE WALL – AERIAL DANCE WORKSHOP]
In this introduction to aerial dance, participants will learn the basics off the west wall of Peterborough Square. First come first served. Space is limited. To register contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
DATE: SEPT.26 at 7PM
AT: Peterborough Square, Corner of George & Simcoe Streets (Outdoor)
[ARTISTS & IDEAS TALK SERIES @ TRAILL COLLEGE]
DATE: SEPT.26, 7PM
AT: Bagnani Hall, Traill College, Trent University, 310 London St. Peterborough
ARTISTS: Brandy Leary, Thomas Vaccaro, Erin Ball, Jennifer Elchuck, Nicole Malbeuf
[SITE-SPECIFIC PRACTICES PANEL TALK]
AT: Art Gallery of Peterborough, 250 Crescent St, Peterborough
ARTISTS: Brandy Leary, Erin Ball, Nicole Malbeuf, Thomas Vaccaro, Jennifer Elchuck, TBD
[in]SITES will foster deep curiosity in individuals and communities and their relationship to it.
[in]SITES will create opportunities for multidisciplinary artists working with site-responsive
contemporary art practices.
What We Do
[in]SITES is a collaboration between the Art Gallery of Peterborough, Artspace, and Public
Energy. It is a month-long annual series which features work by artists who challenge histories,
structures, and particularities of place via site-responsive contemporary art practices.
● We pay industry-standard rates to all participating artists.
● We understand site to encompass colonial histories, hierarchies, and dynamics of power.
● We are committed to building communities and engaging community members.
● We value partnerships and collaboration and sharing resources between arts and
● We value a wide range of contemporary art practices.
● We create opportunities for discussion, exchange, critical engagement, and learning.
● We are committed to economically accessible programming.
● We are committed to inclusive and accessible programming.
● We create opportunities for artists from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds.