[in]SITES is a new site-specific performance series presented by Public Energy, Artspace, the Art Gallery of Peterborough and ReFrame Film Festival. The goal of [in]SITES is to open up dialogues around the relationship between performance, site, and contemporary art practices.
[in]SITES will foster deep curiosity in individuals and communities and their relationship to it.
[in]SITES will create opportunities for multidisciplinary artists working with site-responsive
contemporary art practices.
What We Do
[in]SITES is a collaboration between the Art Gallery of Peterborough, Artspace, and Public
Energy. It is a month-long annual series which features work by artists who challenge histories,
structures, and particularities of place via site-responsive contemporary art practices.
● We pay industry-standard rates to all participating artists.
● We understand site to encompass colonial histories, hierarchies, and dynamics of power.
● We are committed to building communities and engaging community members.
● We value partnerships and collaboration and sharing resources between arts and
● We value a wide range of contemporary art practices.
● We create opportunities for discussion, exchange, critical engagement, and learning.
● We are committed to economically accessible programming.
● We are committed to inclusive and accessible programming.
● We create opportunities for artists from a wide variety of cultural backgrounds.