This is a summer student job under the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Applicant must be between 15 and 30 years of age and must have been a full-time student in the previous year and intending to return as a full-time student in the fall.
Job Description: The Program Assistant will work with Public Energy staff in the areas of: fund development, revenue generation, archive and database management. Projects the intern may take part in include: creating online content; researching, compiling and organizing statistics of user, donor and event data; assisting with grant and foundation applications; organizing print, media and digital archives; supporting staff in general office duties.
• Excellent writing, editing and communications skills.
• Experience at web site management an asset.
• Ability to take initiative, demonstrate good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to completion.
• Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
• Knowledge of contemporary performing arts is an asset.
Hours: 30 hours per week.
Duration: 7-week position starts May 29 (flexible).
Location: Public Energy's office in the Market Hall Performing Arts Centre, 140 Charlotte Street, Peterborough.
Deadline: May 12, 2017 5PM
About Public Energy Public Energy is a non-profit performing arts producer based in the Market Hall Performing Arts Centre. It engages artists at both a national and local level, presenting an annual season of innovative dance, theatre and performance in both traditional and non-traditional venues for audiences of all ages that are interested in adventurous arts experiences.