Music Lessons For Newcomers Fund
In the spirit of the John & Waleed show we have created a fund to gather donations that will be made available to newcomers to Canada who are seeking music (including voice) lessons with professional teachers. Music lessons can be prohibitively costly for low income individuals. Therefore, instead of an admission charge to John & Waleed, Public Energy is using this event to raise funds toward thecost of music lessons for newcomers in need.
How to donate
- You can make an Email Transfer to email@example.com and any email donation over $20 will receive a charitable tax receipt.
- You can use your credit card to make a charitable donation via CanadaHelps.
How to apply
We invite students of any age, or parents or teachers, to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us about the need. There is no age restriction. The lessons may have already started or are being planned for the future. Tell us three things:
- Your name if the lessons are for you. Or if you are a teacher or friend or family member tell us the name of the student,
- a little about when the student came to Canada, and
- the name of the teacher or organization that is supplying the lessons and their contact information. Please note that we will pay the teacher directly.
If you can manage the cost in other ways, please do not apply, as the funds will be in great demand.