Accessibility Statement for publicenergy.ca
This is an accessibility statement from Public Energy Performing Arts.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG)Opens New Window defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA.
publicenergy.ca is fully conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of this website.
Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers:
140 Charlotte Street Peterborough, ON, K9J 2T8
PO Box 2319 Peterborough, ON K9J 7Y8
Accessibility of publicenergy.ca relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of publicenergy.ca, there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for publicenergy.ca:
- Archives: Content in the archives section contain a large amount of archival footage and documents from not only past Public Energy activity but the wider Peterborough arts community as well. Most of the archival videos do not have captions or described video. Scans of old printed documents are not accessible for screen readers but are published for archival value. We don’t have the capacity to make such a large archive of content accessible but users who are unable to access something from our archives are welcome to email us and we will do whatever we can to help provide access or at least information. Email: email@example.com if you have a question about accessing content from our archives..
Public Energy Performing Arts assessed the accessibility of publicenergy.ca by the following approaches:
- A website audit was performed by Jason King, Community Outreach Coordinator of Peterborough Council for Persons with Disabilities
Other related evidence for publicenergy.ca is available at:
Other measures to support accessibility
Wider measure taken by Public Energy Performing Arts to ensure the accessibility of publicenergy.ca include:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
Please direct any feedback or complaints to Eva Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Public Energy Performing Arts
This statement was created on 11 May 2021 using the
W3C Accessibility Statement Generator Tool (Opens New Tab).