SITE-SPECIFIC DANCE, THEATRE & PERFORMANCE WORKS
Now in its second year, The Pivot Series was created to present performances to socially distanced outdoor audiences during the COVID-19 pandemic. It was such a great hit with audiences longing for live dance and theatre, we decided to present one more series of outdoor presentations before we go back indoors this fall and winter. Pivot 2.0 features dance, circus, theatre and performance works presented in parks, parking lots, gardens and outdoor pavilions. Enjoy!
Circus Sundae – Sweet and Salty by Flying Solo
August 8, 12:00pm & 3:00pm, P.C.V.S. Parking Lot, 201 McDonnel St, Peterborough
Heirloom in Peterborough co-presented by Fall For Dance North; created and performed by Caleb Teicher and Nic Gareiss and Lua Shayenne Dance Company
Sept 11, 1:00pm, Millennium Park, 131 King St, Peterborough
Sept 11, 6:00pm, Isabel Morris Park, 20 Concession St, Lakefield
Bone Stories choreography by Irèni Stamou; Dancers: Dreda Blow, Irèni Stamou
Sept 16, 12:30 pm & 6:00 pm, Millennium Park, 131 King St, Peterborough
A Hen Called Freedom by Nicole Malbeuf
Sept 18, 12:30 pm & 6:00 pm, Millennium Park, 131 King St, Peterborough
Hybrid Women Vanguardia Dance Projects; co-created and performed by Norma Araiza and Olga Barrios: music composer and performer Edgardo Moreno
Sept 22, 12:00pm & 5:00pm, The Warren Garden, Trent University, 1600 W Bank Dr, Peterborough
Armour by Christy Stoeten; performed by Madie Brown, Sharazade Vahid, Simon Mazziotti; designed by Sonia Gemmiti
Sept 24-25, 7:00pm, Heritage Pavillion Stage on Armour Hill, 300 Hunter St E, Peterborough
A Reading from Paddle Song performed by Cheri Maracle
October 8, 5:00pm, Inverlea Park, Corner of Parkhill Road and Dennistoun Avenue, Peterborough
Sound of Mind & Body by Bill Coleman & Gordon Monahan
October 7, 7:30pm, Market Hall Performing Arts Centre, 140 Charlotte St, Peterborough
Kitten! by Victoria Ward
October 15 & 16, 8:00pm, The Theatre on King, 171 King St, Peterborough
Presenting a performance series during a pandemic can pose some challenges. We appreciate your understanding on the following points:
- COVID-19 procedures:
- All audience members must supply contact information to facilitate contact tracing.
- Passive screening signage will be posted at the entrance to the event. We ask that all attendees self screen before entering the performance site.
- Masks or face coverings are mandatory until you have been seated.
- Please respect physical distancing. Staff and volunteers will be on site to remind everyone to socialize at a safe distance.
- Those identifying as household groups can sit or stand together.
- Seating: There will be limited seating. We have some stools available on site. You are welcome to bring your own comfortable lawn chair.
- Dress for the weather and the terrain. There are many different grounds in the series, from grass to concrete to pavement, so please wear appropriate footwear.
- Washrooms: Washrooms will not be available at the Warren Garden or at the Heritage Pavillion. Please plan accordingly.
Pivot 2.0 is presented with support from the Government of Ontario’s Reconnect Festival and Event Program, Department of Canadian Heritage’s Support for Workers in Live Arts and Music Sectors Fund, and the Peterborough Downtown BIA