Public Energy’s Festival of New Dance & Performance by Peterborough-area artists
March 22-25, 2018.
Have you got an original performance work you’d like to debut?
Dance, Performance Art, Physical Theatre, Multi-Disciplinary Performance, you name it.
Please note that space is limited – there may not be room for all proposals.
- Submissions will be considered on the strength of concept, clarity of description, feasibility of the process and presentation, and ability of the creator(s) and performer(s) to carry out the project.
- All submissions must be new work between 10 and 30 minutes in length. Please note that longer pieces are not viewed more favourably than shorter ones.
- Work shown previously in workshop form or as a student production is allowed.
- If the creator(s) of the work is/are also performing in the work, it is mandatory that you identify someone who will either direct, mentor or give feedback on the piece as it is developed.
- The principal creator(s) of the work must reside in the Peterborough
All submissions must be typed, organized in the following manner and limited to two pages:
- Contact information. Name, mailing address, email address, telephone number of principal contact.
- Title of work.
- Projected length.
- Names of artistic collaborators. Please include all collaborators; performers, musicians, and designers ect.
- Artist statement. Describe your artistic practice, past projects, why this project is important to you and how it furthers your artistic development (max.150 words).
- Project description. Describe what you are planning to do. This might include: what artistic elements you use and how you will use them to make your work (i.e.: movement, music, video, skipping ropes, etc); what is the theme of the work (max.250 words).
- Technical Requirements, including venue preference. Describe the technical aspects of your work and whether you will require the use of specific lighting, staging, set, props, etc. If the festival uses two venues – The Market Hall and The Theatre On King – can your work be presented in either? If not, indicate here.
- Mentor/Outside eye In the case of work where the creator(s) is/are also performing, please include the name of someone who will either direct, mentor or give feedback on the work as it develops.
- Biographies. Please include a short biography of the principle applicant(s). Attach if necessary.
- Support Material. Please include up to 10 photographs and/or up to 5 minutes of video of current or previous work.
Public Energy provides:
- A fee based on a split of the box office income between all works. In the past this has come to $250 to $400.
- Venue with lighting, sound and projection systems and sound and lighting operators.
- Lighting design if needed.
- A complete performance in keeping with their proposal.
- All performers and any running crew needed, apart from sound and lighting operator supplied by PE.
- Permission for use of other artists’ work, such as music and text, and payment of royalties, if any.
Deadline: November 27, 2017
By mail: PO Box 2319, Peterborough, K9H 7Y8
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org