Public Energy Performing Arts
Canada Summer Jobs Employment Opportunity
Job Title: Program Assistant in Media & Communications (Summer Contract Position)
Deadline: May 14th, 2019 at 3:00 pm
Under the Canada Summer Jobs guidelines, this opportunity is for people aged 15 to 30 years (inclusive) at the start of employment. Candidate must be Canadian citizen, permanent resident or a person upon whom refugee protection has been conferred, and who is legally entitled to work in Ontario. This position is being funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program, a component of the Youth Employment Strategy
Public Energy Performing Arts is an animator of contemporary dance, theatre, performance, and interdisciplinary work. We are dedicated to supporting the creation, touring, and presentation of innovative contemporary performing arts, and to developing audiences that are knowledgeable and passionate.
The Public Energy Program Assistant in Media & Communications will be part of a team that creates content and implements a marketing and outreach campaign for the 2019-2020 performance season. This work will take place across all platforms: website, social media, traditional media, and print, as well as make connections with arts and non-arts groups in the community as a way of building new audiences.
The successful candidate will assist in the development, design and delivery of marketing and communication plans and campaigns for Public Energy Performing Arts 2019-2020 season. The key responsibility is to provide assistance with design and delivery of marketing campaigns across multiple digital, broadcast and print platforms.
- designing graphic elements,
- editing text,
- sourcing and selecting photos,
- establishing release schedules,
- making promotional videos,
- managing social media,
- managing databases,
- updating website,
- assist with program coordination,
- documenting and archiving campaign materials in both digital and print formats,
- researching, digitizing and organizing archival material
- assist with event production for 25th Anniversary P(art)y Ball
- Ability to take initiative, plan and organize projects from beginning to end
- Good writing and communication skills
- Good judgment and flexibility
- Ability to work effectively independently, as well as in a team
- Proficiency with a variety of social media platforms
- Education or experience in marketing and communication
- Proficiency with graphic design programs a definite asset
- Knowledge of the arts and the Peterborough community a definite asset
35 hours per week (flexible). Maximum of 280 hours/ 8 weeks.
May 20th – July 15th, 2019 (Dates Flexible)
Rate of Pay
$15.00 per hour
140 Charlotte Street, Peterborough
Please email a 1 page Cover Letter and CV to Eva Fisher, Administrator and Marketing Director: email@example.com
and include the names and contact information of two (2) references using the subject heading
ATTN: Public Energy Hiring Committee_YourName
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will receive a response to the application.
APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY 3PM ON TUESDAY MAY 14, 2019